Jeremy Sahn is a member of Becker & Poliakoff’s Business Litigation Group. Jeremy has experience litigating matters in complex commercial and financial cases, with a focus on disputes relating to real estate and commercial-mortgage-backed securities.
Drawing on his industry knowledge in the areas of mortgage lending and secondary market, commercial-property leasing and management, and high-rise construction and development, Jeremy represents national and regional corporations, financial institutions, and private companies in all phases of state and federal trial litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeremy practiced in the civil litigation group in the Miami office of a well-respected South Florida law firm.
- Represented a Connecticut hedge fund client as lead trial counsel in a commercial foreclosure and breach of payment guaranty action relating to a golf course, country club, and surrounding residential and commercial property. At the conclusion of trial, Jeremy’s client was awarded a final judgment for $8.8 million.
- Represented a REMIC trust and national special servicer as lead counsel in a payment guaranty action against former NBA basketball player, Stephon Marbury, and successfully obtained a final judgment award for $1.2 million.
- Personally won final judgment awards totaling over $.5 billion in more than 20 Florida state-court jurisdictions, against commercial properties including hotels, office buildings, townhome complexes, and shopping malls.
- Represented mortgage-lending companies in mortgage-buyback litigation against JPMorganChase Bank, US Bank, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and the FDIC as receiver for IndyMac Bank and Lehman Brothers in nationwide federal lawsuits relating to the secondary-market sale of hundreds of residential mortgages.
- Represented developer/owner of a well-known, historic Miami Beach hotel in defense of over 30 lienor lawsuits relating to the hotel’s $1 billion-dollar property renovation and rejuvenation project.
- Represented industrial distribution center in defense of toxic tort claims exceeding $10 million.
- Represented developers in complex construction litigation lawsuits relating to mixed-use, high-rise properties located throughout Florida.
- Represented landlord-owners in commercial lease disputes and eviction lawsuits against restaurant, office, and other commercial tenants, and successfully obtained possession of the premises and final judgments for damages against tenants and lease guarantors.
- Represented client in multi-million dollar probate and guardianship dispute between siblings involving fraud claims and claims for removal of personal representatives.
- Represented commercial property owners and lenders in title-dispute litigation throughout the State.
“FHFA’S 2013 Report Shows Record Income for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, But Earnings Are Likely to Fall,” Mortgage Crisis Blog, June 19, 2014
“FHFA Announces Reversal of Plans to Wind Down Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac,” Mortgage Crisis Blog, May 19, 2014
“Recently Unveiled ‘HOME Forward’ Housing Act May Signal the End of Fannie and Freddie,” Mortgage Crisis Blog, April 08, 2014
“SEC To Demand More Public Accountability This Year From Wrongdoers In Financial Markets,” Mortgage Crisis Blog, February 4, 2014
“JPMorgan Chase Agrees to $13 Billion Settlement with the U.S. Justice Department for Knowingly Selling Toxic Mortgage-Backed Securities,” Mortgage Crisis Blog, November 21, 2013
“Wells Fargo Settles Mortgage Buyback Litigation with Freddie Mac for $869 Million,” Mortgage Crisis Blog, October 7, 2013
“Developer Protection Against Tenant Improvements,” Construction Litigation Blog, July 5, 2013
“Federal Judges Refuse to Permit ‘Shotgun’ Style Mortgage-Buyback Lawsuits Filed by Lehman Brothers,” Mortgage Crisis Blog, May 24, 2013
- Florida Super Lawyers, Florida Rising Stars, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Lawyers for Children America, John Edward Smith Child Advocacy Award, 2013
- United Way of Miami-Dade, 2010 Finalist for Dorothy Shula Award for Outstanding Volunteerism
- Dade County Bar Association, Pro Bono Service Award, Put Something Back, 2009 and 2010
- Book Award in Trial Practice, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Book Award in International Trade and Human Rights, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Florida Law Review Gertrude Brick Outstanding Board Member Award, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2005