Elizabeth “Beth” A. Lanham-Patrie is a Senior Attorney in the Firm's Community Association Law Practice Group. She concentrates her practice exclusively in the area of community association law, providing a variety of legal services to condominium, homeowner, and cooperative associations. Beth represents community associations located throughout Central Florida, including Orange, Seminole, Lake, Polk, Volusia and Sumter counties. As General Counsel for both commercial and residential associations, Beth’s areas of legal practice include:
- Drafting governing documents and amendments thereto;
- Dispensing legal and practical advice regarding day to day disputes between community associations, owners, developers and contractors;
- Preparing contracts, addendums and modifications and assisting in contractual negotiations and disputes;
- Giving legal advice regarding requirements of the governing documents and the laws regarding elections, assessments, maintenance, repair and replacement, insurance, etc.
- Preparing clients for elections and meetings of the Board and/or members; and
- Attending Board Meetings and Members’ Meetings.
Beth is approved by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation as a provider of continuing education classes for Community Association Managers. She has prepared educational materials and presented seminars on various community association topics for condominium, homeowner association and cooperative Board Members, including new Board Member Certification classes. She also participates in regularly blogging for the Orlando Sentinel regarding community association issues.
Beth began her legal career as an Assistant Public Defender for the Fifth Judicial Circuit where she served as lead counsel for ten jury trials. Her prior legal experience also includes commercial and civil litigation and family law.
Activities & Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association
- Community Association Institute
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- University of Florida, B.A., 1990
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, J.D., 1993 with honors