Condominium Board Member Course (CONDO'S ONLY**)
Course #9628449, 2 HR/IFM
HOA Board Member Course (HOA's ONLY) #9626873, 2 ELE/HR
Presented by: Kevin L. Edwards and Douglas G. Christy
If you are planning to serve on your condo association board, you probably know that you will need to comply with Florida’s certification requirements within 90 days of being elected.
Our Condominium/HOA Association Board Member course is tailored specifically to certify condo board members. Your participation will satisfy the statutory requirement so that you are eligible to serve on your condominium association board. More importantly, it will provide the tools and information you need to perform your job well and to avoid any potential liability associated with your new role.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Defining your fiduciary duty
- Analyzing association operations
- How to properly maintain the association's books and records
- The pros and cons of alternative dispute resolution
- Avoiding common election pitfalls
- Preparing budgets & funding reserves
- Understanding financial reporting requirements
- Assessing insurance needs for common areas
- Defusing conflict within the community
Condo Board Member Course: Sign-in 8:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
HOA Board Member Course: Sign-in 1:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sign-in starts at 5:30 p.m.
Dinner and light refreshments will be provided.
This class is complimentary, but seating is limited.
Please contact Lauren Dejesus-Glasgow to register
at 941.366.8826 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org